Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the best so far...?


I decided that I wanted to think outside of the (pizza) box and try something completely and entirely new. I don't even recall when or where I created this little beauty, perhaps on my drive to and fro school. Todd gave it a 9.25(!), and as for myself, I think this weeks pizza was pretty up there.
Picture this, a homemade baked crust with nothing but olive oil drizzled on top of it. While that crust is baking to perfection, there is a head of garlic roasting in olive oil. On the counter awaiting its baked crust, spring mix (the good organic kind), sliced grape tomatoes, grated Romano cheese. On the stove top, balsamic vinegar reducing to a sweetened, nearly syrup. The garlic: caramelized, fragrant, soft, perfect.
Out comes the bubbly crust... working quickly I mashed the garlic, and spread it over the crust. I then added the spring mix, cheese, and tomatoes. Finally, I drizzled the balsamic vinegar over the whole pizza.
Oh me oh my...what a pizza!




No comments:

Post a Comment